While most of the survey questions asked for your opinions, some tested your Don't DUIT knowledge. Here are the correct answers: (if you haven't taken the survey, don't peek at these answers yet!)
7. If you wrote a 4.6 second text message while you were driving 55 miles per hour, how far would you drive with your eyes off the road?
Answer: The length of a football field (360 feet).
8. If you had to guess, how much does texting while driving increase crash risk? *
Answer: 23 times more likely
9. Eighty-three percent of people surveyed agreed that driving under the influence of texting (DUIT) should be outlawed. The 17% of people who were against the ban fell into what age group?
10. Ninety-three percent of rear-end crashes involved drivers glancing away from the forward roadway for:
Answer: 3 seconds
11. Drivers take their eyes off the road for about how long while writing an average text message?
Answer: 5 seconds
12. How much extra stopping distance does a driver who is text messaging need beyond what an attentive driver needs? *
Answer: 40 feet